Sunday, March 20, 2005

Some unfortunate news

I am on my way to bed right now, but just a little unfortunate news for all of you out there who follow my blog. My friend Az had to quit working with the U.S. forces today due to a death threat on him. I went by to go say hi and he was on his way out of the Iraqi National store (where he works selling watches). When he saw me he said told me about how there is a man in the market where he picks up his watches who said he thinks Az is working for the Americans and if he doesn't stop he will be murdered. Az is not only quitting his job, but he is moving to a different city and taking his mother, father, and 2 sisters with him. I asked him if there was anything I could do to help him and he said no, he was very upset when I saw him and he said, "I don't know why God has put you in my life as a friend just to have our friendship over so quickly!" I told him if he ever gets an email address that if he emails me I would continue to be in contact with him (he has my email address). It makes me angry that this is so common here, but I am glad that he is still alive and I pray for his safety.

Take Care until next time,

Zach

No comments: