Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Contacted by MTV

Next Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 5pm, MTV will air an episode of “True Life” about the subject of PTSD.

Here is a link to one of the people they will show on their special:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0POxbds4do

One in five veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan report symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, a mental illness that causes depression, inability to trust, constant alertness, nightmares and fits of rage. If untreated, severe PTSD can last a lifetime and make it impossible to hold down a job, form a lasting relationship, stay sober or lead a satisfying life. Yet only half of veterans with symptoms seek treatment. In this episode of MTV’s “True Life,” viewers will see what it’s really like to live with PTSD through three young veterans who are struggling to get their lives back on track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you really be discharged from the military for ptsd? my husband was just diagnosed....it has been pretty bad.....wow, I am just shocked...the past ten months of his deployment since being shot have been hell, before that, it was the normal, sweet, doting husband who missed and loved me, so tough....I am not sure we will make it and we have been married a year and a half together over four. His leg is being looked at right now, and they have let everyone else deployed with him come home but him, so that is hard too, but I am so glad they caught it before he got here, becaue we would have never made it then. I would love to hear from Zach about any of this....from the other side of the street...with a master's in psychology but can't fix herself and her life....Corrine

Scott Lee said...

Hello brother,
I came across your blog, I am a Gulf War I veteran. I have to have a blog writing about my experiences, thoughts and theories on PTSD and how I deal with it on a daily basis. I will be reading more and commenting.